St. Charles County Food Inspection Scores: IHOP, St. Louis Kolache, Anthony’s Produce and more
The St. Charles County Department of Health oversees more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists from the Food Safety Practice Department and assessed by subtracting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in infringement information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time / Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food Contact Surface), NFC (Food Non Contact Surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following results were published between March 27 and April 3, 2021. Comments in fields are quoted from inspection forms.
- Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill, 49 Wentzville Bluffs Drive – score 100
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – score 100
- The Boulevard Senior Living 110, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 95
Ready-to-eat PHFs without date 5 (pnt) – Walk-in RTE foods should be labeled in manufacturer packaging with a shelf life of no more than 7 days in less than 7 days.
Make sure that all raw chicken product is stored under the beef product and RTE meat should not be stored under the raw meat
- The Boulevard Senior Living 120 and 130, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – both scored 100 points
- Bright Start Academy, 864 Homefield Boulevard – score 100
- IHOP, 1912 Highway K – score 100
- Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen, 6674 Keaton Corporate Parkway – score 88
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5 (pnt)
Hand basin contains sweeping tub. Other hand basins without paper. The front hand basin has no soap.
Unapproved sewage system 5 (pnt) – Observed fat drained into the drainage system. Remove any grease removed by the degreaser at the time of inspection. Management to retrain employees in the proper disposal of fat waste.
Dumpster lids are open 2 (pnt – Keep the dumpster lids securely closed
- Red Robin, 1440 Mexico Loop Road E – score 100
- Fastlane, 7430 Highway N – score 93
(A) Have a 3-Comp sink with washing rinse and disinfection stations ready.
The cooling unit in the walk-in cooler collects moisture as ice and drips onto the drinks underneath.
Light bulbs in food areas should be covered or shatterproof.
Hot dogs should be labeled as thawed.
Control drops in the water pipe near the mopping basin
- St. Louis Kolache, 2003 K Ste. 2001 – score 93
Improper timing methods for temperature control 5, 2 (pnt)
OBSERVED TCS FOOD IN DISPLAY CASE WITHOUT TIME WHEN A CONTROL SHEET IS MAINTAINED
Thermometers are missing in hot or cold unit 2 (pnt)
OBSERVED THERMOMETER MISSING FROM THE COOLER IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE
OBSERVED 2021 Permit NOT PUBLISHED IN PUBLIC VIEWS
- Jammin ‘Cafe and Grill, 4279 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- St. Joseph Parish Hall, 1375 Motherhead Road – score 100
- Albadia, 3957 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2 (pnt)
OBSERVED SINK BASIN SOILED
OBSERVED JUICE SHELF DIRTY
OBSERVED OUTSIDE THE DIRTY SALT CONTAINER
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2 (pnt)
6-501.12 OBSERVED FLOOR IN WALKING IN THE FREEZER
6-501.11 OBSERVED MISSING CEILING TILES
6-501.11 OBSERVED WALL DURING REPAIR
- Sodexo at Hollenbeck Junior High, 4555 Central School Road – score 98
- Big Woody’s BBQ, 1821 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- CVS Pharmacy, 2100 First Capitol Drive – score 95
Booked inspection 2018. Last inspection August 2020.
- Subway, 1352 South Fifth Street – score 93
Improper storage of toxins 5 (pnt) – Observed baking trays and single servings stored under chemicals. When chemicals and food are stored in the same area, chemicals should be stored under food to avoid contamination.
Equipment, bed linen, individual service not properly stored 2 (pnt) – Observed individual service items that are kept under a hand basin.
- Dollar Tree, 1050 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 15 Garvey Parkway – score 100
- Sodexo at Castlio Primary School, 1020 Dingledine Road – score 100
- Hampton Inn, 3720 West Clay Street – score 100
- Holiday Inn Express, 3098 Elm Point Industrial Drive – Core 95
2019 inspection booked; The latest report could not be found in the file.
- Jack in the Box, 6000 South Highway 94 – 100 points
The city of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its food hygiene department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection results are from February 2021:
- 7-Eleven Store, 6680 Mexico Road – Score 100
- Amvets Memorial Post # 106, 360 Brown Road – score 100
- Anthony’s Produce, 701 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Aro-Mart, 3755 Highway 94 S – score 100
- Barnes and Noble, 320 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Barnes St. Peters Jewish Hospital, 10 Hospital Drive – score 98
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 179 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. C – score 98
- Casa Mia Mexican cuisine, 235 Jungermann Road Ste. 201 – score 100
- Cave Springs Lane, 4055 Mexico Road – score 100
- China Star, 38 Harvester Square – score 98
- County K, 6105 Mexico Road – score 100
- Classics II, 6650 Mexico Road – score 98
- Country Club Car Wash, 4200 Mexico Road – score 98
- CVS Pharmacy, 1749 Woodstone Drive – score 100
- Dollar General Store, 1080 Grand Teton Drive – score 98
- Dollar Tree Store, 6670 Mexico Road – score 98
Click here to view the previous week’s results.